Oregon Failure to Diagnose Injury Lawyer
Representing the Victims of Misdiagnosis in Eugene, Oregon
Symptoms of diverse illnesses or diseases can be strikingly similar. That is why we must rely on the expertise of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to properly diagnose what is wrong. As an example, appendicitis usually presents itself as a pain in the lower right side. Nausea, diarrhea and a fever may or may not be present. Sometimes the pain is not in the side at all, but is instead in the back. It is vitally important that doctors need to pay close attention to all symptoms and order appropriate medical tests so life-threatening conditions can receive prompt treatment.
My name is Robert Miller, a medical malpractice lawyer in Eugene, Oregon. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a hospital due to a misdiagnosis or an utter failure to diagnose your condition, I offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Examples of misdiagnosis can include but are certainly not limited to:
- Failure to diagnose appendicitis, which may have symptoms of nausea, diarrhea and pain in the side or lower back. A burst appendix, even though the appendix itself is fairly superfluous, can actually be fatal.
- Failure to order proper testing, such as EKGs or catheterization to diagnose a heart attack
- Failure to diagnosis cancer early enough to treat it
- Failure to diagnose spinal meningitis, which can kill young people in a short amount of time if the doctor fails to order a simple blood test following symptoms such as fever and neck pain.
- Failure to diagnose stroke, resulting in oxygen deprivation, brain damage or death
- Failure to properly treat or prevent surgically-caused injuries, such as a surgical sponge or other instruments left in the body
- Failure to diagnose dangerous situations during a pregnancy, resulting in birth injuries or injuries to the mother
As your lawyer, I consult with appropriate experts to determine if your doctor overlooked recognizable symptoms and failed to order proper tests to diagnose your condition. If your health condition was misdiagnosed despite clearly observable symptoms, I work hard to hold the health care providers accountable to recover compensation for any economic and noneconomic damages you suffered.
Free Lawyer Consultation: To discuss your stroke misdiagnosis, heart attack misdiagnosis, or other illness or disease misdiagnosis case with me, attorney Robert Miller, call my Eugene law office at 541-359-4331 (toll free at 866-272-0803) or contact me online. I handle all medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis.